Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Get Healthy Tuesday

   So today I am participating in Riana's (@Beyond My Wildest Dreams) Get Healthy Tuesday Link Up.
I really didn't know what exactly what to write but then it came to me.  I know that a lot of people don't think that the little things they do effect (is that the right one I never know) their health but they do; so I have come up with a list of little things you can do in everyday life to jumpstart your move to a more healthier you.


  • Take the stairs. I know, I know, some times the escalator or elevator is right there and you just want to take it because the stairs are so far away, but that little walk will help you. If you must take the escalator try to walk down it instead of just standing there.  
  • Cut out juice. A lot of people think that because they are drinking juice they are being healthy but that is simply not true. Have you ever looked at the sugar content in juice? It is pretty much like candy. Plus if you really want the taste of apples or grapes just eat the fruit. One step that drinking juice takes out of the calorie burning system is digestion. When you drink juice your body has nothing to digest and break down, but if you eat an orange instead of  drinking orange juice your body uses energy to digest it. I know it sounds a little silly but trust me it helps. 
  • Cut out soda.  The worst thing you can do when you are trying to watch your figure is drinking empty calories and soda is filled with them. Now I don't like the taste of diet so I just cut out soda all together, but if you really need that Dr.Pepper high then go for the diet instead. 
  • Walk as much as you can. If you are going down to the corner store, don't take the car just walk. If you are headed to the library, walk there. I know this probably seems like a lot, but it is really not. When I would go to physical therapy I walked four miles to the bus stop every day and four miles back and I always felt great. 
  • Stand. It is pretty simple. If you just get up stand and move around instead of sitting all day at a desk or in front of the TV you will see a difference. 
  • This also goes with the above, but if you are at a desk all day for work get out of your chair every hour and stretch. This will also help your muscles not feel as tight and sore at the end of the day. 
  • If your boss doesn't mind get one of those exercise balls to sit on instead of a chair. Siting on one of those keeps your core active and helps your burn some of that belly fat. You could also get one for when you sit and enjoy your favorite TV shows. 
Well that is all I can think of for now. If you have any other tips or tricks that could help out during everyday life please comment below!!

Cheers! and Happy Tuesday!




1 comment: