Tuesday, October 9, 2012

28 Weeks






Whoa where did week 27 go? Sorry guys I have been so very busy and the days are blending together that I totally missed doing last weeks blog ( I am even a couple days late with this one.)

How far along? 28 weeks
Weight gain: 33lbs, That would bring me up to 178. Which according to the midwife at my OB's office is way to much. Apparently I am only supposed to gain 15 pounds my entire pregnancy, at a max 20lbs. Yes you read correctly. 15 lbs. Now I know some women can do this but seriously I think that is a little crazy, this is not a one-size fits all deal. The midwife then began to tell me that if I wanted to eat a pancake it had to be around 3 inches in diameter, and I could only have one. Now I don't think I even eat that much but apparently I need to see a nutritionist because my eating is obviously "out of control." I smiled and accepted all the information she had to give me but the whole time I was thinking "seriously, I think each boob has gained 10 lbs."
Maternity clothes? Yes, I have reached the stage where that is all I really feel comfortable wearing.
Stretch marks?Nope. Which let me say was one of the things the midwife told me I would definitely have because of how much I have gained.
Sleep? Sleep has gotten better, but I still feel tired for most of the day
Best moment last week? Lets go with the last two weeks because I missed week 27th, but I would have to say my baby shower! It was so wonderful and I had so much fun!
Movement? She is such a little mover! I love it! I even saw her move on the outside. She jiggled my belly :)
Food cravings/ aversions ? I dunno, everything I eat isn't satisfying. I don't know what I want to eat!
Belly button in/out? It is a little weird looking
What I miss: I miss home, and in my case home is not a place. It is my husband. But I don't just miss him, I miss the feeling of really belonging somewhere and with him away I just don't have it.
What I am looking forward to: I am counting down the days until my other half comes home. It is so close in comparison to the beginning of this deployment but I still have a bit to go.

2 comments:

  1. No offense, but your midwife sounds like an idiot. Who is she to tell you that you should only gain 20 pounds max?? My sister is a twig and she gained 30 pounds with both her babies. I gained 31 with Ken! I think you are fine and as long as your baby is not measuring to big, I don't think you have anything to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not to worried. My Mom gained 60 lbs with each kid and she lost everything by the time her maternity leave was up. I think some of the expectations the doctor's office has are pretty crazy.

      Delete