Friday, July 8, 2016

What to do now

Can we take a moment and just think about all that has happened in the last month? Pray for those that need God's healing hand. Pray for all lives lost, for your life, for mine, for everyone? Because everyone is affected, even if you think you aren't.


I know today that every one is stepping on their soap box to talk about the recent shootings of the Dallas Police Officers, to ask for more gun control, to shout about the injustice that more gun control will bring, to preach that we should all love each other, to shout that Black Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter,  well I wanted to join them. Not to preach my views or anything but to simply ask what am I supposed to do now. 

I realize I have two young minds to mold. I have two little humans that I have to teach about the world , about people, about manners, about what is right and what is wrong, about God, about (insert whatever is important). But how do I teach them about evil. How am I to explain to these innocent minds that there are people in this world that want to cause pain, that want to destroy families, that are simply there to hurt them/me/you/us/everyone. 

As a parent I want to protect them. I want them to live in a world of rainbows and butterflies, but I know this is not plausible. I know I can't keep them in a bubble, but wouldn't it be so much easier if I did? I could protect them from evil and pain, but then they would be completely unprepared for the world. 

The best that I can do is find some sort of middle ground. I want to keep the rainbows and butterflies but show them there are also snakes and roaches (crap did I just offend snakes and roaches?) That the world is an imperfect place and sometimes evil things will happen but that God is always right there with them. I want my children to be armed with the knowledge that sometimes bad shit stuff will happen but that doesn't mean that they can't find the good in the world. I want them to be able to protect themselves and fight for those who can't. I want them to love and trust but know that there are still people out there that will try and deceive them. 

This is what I can do, and hopefully it will work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment