Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I have learned thus far....

   So there are a couple of things I have learned from Insanity so far. Number one: I have extremely weak arms. Two: I need better work out shoes. And three: While it looks very easy to do each step is in fact, very very difficult.
  This week was our first official week on Paleo and Insanity, and let me tell you it was not easy. Eating Paleo friendly was very easy at home because Keith and I made sure there was an abundance of fruit and nuts to snack on. The problem arose at work when there were more cakes, doughnuts and other goodies being passed around then I could count. Or maybe I just noticed them more because I could not eat them.... No there most certainly were more sweets then normal. Anyways this week in our food-o-sphere I decided to take a crack at making Paleo friendly bread. My attempt was not a complete success because I did manage to burn the bottom portion of the loaf, however it was still edible. Strange but edible, I think I put to much nutmeg in the mix. So here is the recipe:

- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/8 cup grated orange rinds
- 11/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tbsp.nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk


Preparation:
- Preheat oven 350F degrees
- Combine wet ingredient mix well.
- Combine well mixed wet ingredient with dried ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
- Oil 4 x 8 loaf pan with virgin coconut oil
- Pour smooth ingredients in loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with sliced almonds (optional)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F degrees


Original recipe can be found here along with 17 other Paleo friendly bread recipes. :)

Enjoy and hopefully if you make this bread it comes out better then mine :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment