Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Deployments Suck, End of Story.

       So for the past week it has been killing me because I have not spoken to Keith. This deployment has definitely been harder then any other he has been on. I don't know if it is because we are married now or if it's because I am not near my family or I don't know maybe a mix of both and a few other things. Or maybe it is not harder at all and I just forgot what it was like not to have him around everyday. Whichever the case it sucks.
   Thankfully yesterday  as I was driving home my phone rang with my wonderful husband's voice on the other end. As usual he only had two minutes to talk because he was using a cell phone that cost around 5 bucks a minute. But still to hear his voice was the best part of my week. It was all the comfort I needed to help me get through the rest of the day. Of course though after then phone call ended all I wanted to do was talk to him some more, I barley had time to say "I love you" because the conversation was so rushed.
   So last night I was laying in bed tossing and turning, trying to go to sleep with no luck, not even my sleep aid helped. I just laid there thinking about Keith and how much a missed him. I did my usual comfort tricks, listen to the songs he recorded, read old messages to each other, look at all of our pictures, but they still did not help, so I prayed. I prayed to God that he took care of him, I asked Him to make it easier, to help me get to sleep tonight. I asked God to let me speak to Keith on Skype just for a minute so I could see his smiling face and soon because I just could not bare this torment anymore. Well He listened. About an hour after I finished praying my phone buzzed with a message from Facebook, "Hey, babe are you there?" It was Keith. I nearly cried with excitement.
   I finally got to see his face. Handsome and smiling back at me through today's amazing technology. I swear I don't know how my parents did it back in the day. No Skype to see each other with and cell phones were scarce so if she was not home at the right time when my Papi called then that was it, she missed it until he got another free minute to call.
  Keith and I were able to talk about everything I hadn't been able to say in those two minute conversations. I told him all about how my cupcake business was going (great by the way.) He told me all about his work and how busy it has kept him (ok not all, but as much as he could.) We talked about our future, the bills and finances, and then he told me about these phones they had for sale there that would allow him to call more often, I wanted to smack him in the head, and asked why he had not gotten  one before. But his excuse was legitimate, the bank had froze his card while he was away, pesky banks and their good security. Well now that it is fixed, he was able to buy one and about an hour after our Skype  conversation ended, just as I was falling asleep, my phone rang. It actually rang, not just a buzz from a Facebook message. It rang and showed a number that was much to long to belong to an American phone.
   I answered the phone and heared his voice on the other end it was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment