Saturday, May 26, 2012

No Sew DIY Tank Top

    Wooohoooo! It is summer time. The air is hot, the BBQ pit is lit (ok not really) and the river is waiting. Tomorrow I am headed out to float the river and I am so excited! BUT, I don't want to go out in my swimsuit because I feel like I am in that stage of pregnancy where I look fat and not pregnant; so I decided to make a cover up thing. 

   So first I got one of my Dad's T-shirts:




   Then I cut the sleeves  and the collar off (I actually cut the collar several times after I was done until I was satisfied with how it looked.)




   
   Then I cut the sleeves into to three strips each ( I forgot to take pictures.) Next you are going to use a bottle of some sort to help you braid three of the strips together. 



Then you take one of the braids and loop it through the sleeves like so:

Keith says HI!

   And tie a knot. 
Turn it around so the knot is on the inside and TADA:


Pretty right?
At this point I tried it on several times and cut the collar as I saw fit.  I also tied each strap with a bit of left over t-shirt to make the sleeves thinner. 


And last I cut the bottom rim of the t-shirt so that it would be flowy. 

Here is the front:



And the back:



  I can't wait to wear it! I will post pictures of this top in action later! Cheers!

1 comment: