Thursday, June 28, 2012

1 Year Down, Forever to Go

   You know that moment in a movie when two characters look at each other for the first time and you just know they are meant to be together forever? I thought that is how it would go when I met my husband. Boy was I wrong.  Sure the first time I saw him I thought he was hot but that was it. I didn't feel an urgent need to know him or to go up to him and say hi, thankfully he is the one that came to me and asked me to dance :) If I had known that the cowboy Marine that had just asked me to dance at that moment would be my future husband, the father to my little growing bean, and my best friend I would have tried to remember every moment. I would remember the song, what it was we were laughing and chatting about, how many times we danced, you know the little things. I am thankful that I have a mother that loves taking photos because I do have a picture of our first dance and I am forever grateful for it.
Our first dance

   This was September 2009 and on June 25th 2011 I married him, the most wonderful man I have ever met. 

We sealed our vows with a pinky promise

   On Monday we had our 1 year anniversary. Oh my goodness gracious! I still can't believe how fast this past year has gone by. I feel like we just got married like it was yesterday, but no it has been a year and quite a few things have happened since then:
  • We moved into our first house
  • had our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as grownups 
  • survived our first deployment 
  • and the beginning of our second
  • found out we are expecting our first miracle by the end of this year
  • and probably a few other momentous things that I just can't think of right now
   Unfortunately our anniversary didn't pan out the way I had always pictured it. You know with a nice dinner out, drinking champagne, celebrating with my husband, possibly a bit of dancing. No it didn't happen like that at all. He spent the day at work and the rest of the evening sitting alone in him room playing on his computer. I spent the day hot, sweaty and miserable thinking that nothing could make this day better. As you probably guessed we didn't spend it together. I know, this is what I signed up for when I fell in love with a Marine, but it still sucks. I never really imagined he would get deployed right before our first anniversary. I though there is no way that will happen his deployment will happen afterwards. I was very wrong. But I have a very supportive family and at 8 on Monday evening they changed my day, they made it bearable, and better than I had ever thought an anniversary without my other half could go. 
   We had gone out to my favorite restaurant, Kobe. Had a fantastic dinner and show where they cook the food right in front of you and when I was stuffed and ready to leave out came the waitress with this:

Cheese cake!

   At that exact moment my phone rang and on the other side was Mr.Wonderful. It was perfect. We switched to facetime and my family sang a rendition of Happy Birthday  Anniversary to us. I wanted to cry. It was as perfect as it could have been.
   
   It has been one crazy year. It has been as perfect as it could have been and I would not have changed a single thing. 


------



   On the day we got married our cake baker gave us a small  mini cake to enjoy on our first anniversary. When it became apparent that we would not be together I decided we would enjoy our cake on our last day together.  We had three different flavors (red velvet, vanilla and chocolate) for the wedding and our mini cake was chocolate. 









----
June 25th 2011
Photographer: Haley West


Napkins, our sign, chairs, bubbles and our Wine Box


Getting ready
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen 

I could not stop crying during the ceremony, I'm glad you can't tell

You may kiss the bride

First dance: Aaron Watson's Country boy and a City Girl

Our Cake :)


Thanks for stopping by!













No comments:

Post a Comment