Friday, August 24, 2012

Quick Organization: My desk

Hi guys!

    I hope you all are having a lovely week! This past week has been pretty busy here. My Mom just moved into a new house so we have been unpacking and organizing and unpacking some more. I thought I would show you how I organized the desk in my room :) I had a few crafty thing supplies laying around in bags that I finally put away.




  • So the top left photo shows my scrap fabrics and thread neatly placed in a vintage lunch box that Mr.Cherry bought for our first dating anniversary. I needed a container to put them in and found it very useful.  On the top right is said lunch box when it is closed. 



  • The bottom left photo is my make shift ribbon rack thing. I used a #2 pencil and two pieces of ribbon to make it. Very simple. Tie each end with the ribbon and tack it to where ever you feel like displaying your ribbon rolls. I also used hot glue to secure the ribbon on the pencil after I tied it just for the extra sturdiness. 



  • The bottom right is a photo of my glue stick holder. Yes you can just use a cup, but I ran out of cups to use on my desk and still needed a place to put them. I did have an empty water bottle laying around and thought "hey I could use this!" So I got my scissors and cut across the middle of the bottle. Then I was like "Dude this looks tacky!" So I grabbed a piece of scrap fabric and wrapped it around the bottle. I glued it in three spots: 1. The length of the yellow line. 2. Around the bottom edge 3. The top inside. (I then folded the fabric over so that it would be secure, this eliminated the sharp edges.) Pretty simple :) 

If this didn't make any sense to you just let me know ;)

   My finished desk:


Yay for being organized! I hope it last :D

No comments:

Post a Comment